Sunday, September 15, 2013

Magic Ball Afghan

 

This is a true scrapbuster. I randomly strung (does that word exist? Well, it's not being underlined by the spellchecker - which, ironically, is underlined - so I'll keep going) pieces of yarn together, knotted them with long tails, crocheted my hexagons and triangles, crocheting in the tails as I went along - and this is what I ended up with, a variation on my Stars and Flowers afghan:


 It's a dark September day, can you see? How sad! Autumn is here already ... in other words, blanket season has begun!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I just want to say this blanket is wonderful.

Lisa

SpinMeAYarn said...

gorgeous! i love it, very inspiring, i admire your crochet skills.
it was fairly dark and cold and wet here in Ireland too today, the weather has turned, I think the swallows flew away yesterday Sat 14th Sept,
so now it's time to batten down the hatches and crochet or knit blankets!

JUDICA said...

HOLA,COMO ESTAS? ME ENAMORE DE TU MANTA CON HEXÁGONOS SINCERAMENTE!!
TE FELICITO.
HACE TIEMPO TE PEDÍ AUTORIZACIÓN PARA TEJER LA MANTA BABETTE,TE CUENTO QUE YA TEJÍ CUATRO,SIEMPRE RESPETANDO TUS CONDICIONES Y DÁNDOTE LOS CRÉDITOS NECESARIOS,LAS TEJO PARA REGALAR,MI HIJA BERENICE LE REGALO LAS 2 PRIMERAS MANTAS A LAS HIJAS DE SUS AMIGAS,SOFIA Y CAMILA,Y PARA TICIANO ESTA ULTIMA,PARA MI SOBRINA VICTORIA LE TEJI EN LOS COLORES LILAS Y VERDE MANZANA ADEMAS YA ME TEJÍ SENDEROS DE MESA,RESPALDOS SOFÁS,ALMOHADONES Y POZA BRAZOS BABETTE,EN BREVE PUBLICARE LAS FOTOS EN MI BLOG.DESDE YA TE AGRADEZCO MUCHÍSIMO!! ABRAZO DESDE MONTEVIDEO,URUGUAY
JUDITH

nursenikkiknits said...

Gorgeous! I love the bright colours with the gray.

Paula said...

What a beautiful blanket, I love the bright coloured blocks.

Erica said...

I cannot tell you how much I love that blanket. It's beautiful! All the colors--love love love.

Emily said...

I think that's my favourite of all the blankets you have made x

Amjaylou said...

Wow a technicolour dream afghan! Love it.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Great blanket...

Unknown said...

Very cool! I have a few very boring hexagons. I like this idea using the triangles and two colours to make stars. Nicely done!